Trapping, Hunting & Gathering
After meeting your needs for shelter (warmth) and water, the human mind will drive a person to find food. The mind will actually turn its thoughts to food before water unless you are in a desert (arid) situation or have had to physically exert yourself to the point that the body needs to immediately replenish its electrolytes and water.
While you can last up to 3 months without food, your psychological well-being is improved when you have even a small amount of food each day. While a small amount may not be enough to make a dent in your caloric input, the psychological effect of helping you maintain the will to survive is crucial.
Learn how to:
- construct two types of deadfall traps
- construct a live catch trap
- construct two different spring snares
- construct a frog/fishing gig
- carve and learn to use a rabbit stick
- primitive fishing
- common edible and medicinal plants lecture