Knife, Cordage, and Trap Class
There are a variety of tools that can help you survive in the wilderness, but the right knife is the most important one. Knowing how to select the proper knife, sharpen it and maintain it so it doesn't corrode is critical to your success. Your knife is used for cutting notches (to make other tools and traps), prepare food, provide protection, and make cordage.
Likewise, cordage has many uses in a survival situation. If you find yourself without cordage, you must be able to create your own if you are going to survive. Cordage is essential as lashings used to create shelter and tools. It is also needed to gather food when used in a trap or as fishing line. After learning various knife skills, notches, and how to create cordage you will create your own personal trap with 100% natural materials. This class offers fundamental survival skills that any outdoor enthusiast or self sufficient minded person should know.
- how to choose a knife (utility, steel, materials)
- how to maintain and sharpen your knife
- knife safety fundamentals
- make proper notches and cuts using your knife
- how to make cordage
- how to tie useful knots
- to use your knife, notches, cordage and knots to make a primitive trap
- Saturday June 20th (10:00am to 3:00pm)
- Trail Blazer Camp at 1103 Jeter Cemetery RoadUnion, SC 29379